We’re looking for a clerk to help us with answering phones, checking in students, scheduling appointments, and assisting the Director and the Administrative Assistant with miscellaneous tasks. The clerk will need to attend our mandatory training session, which will be held Monday, August 17 through Thursday, August 20 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The clerk will work approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. Pay is $9 per hour.
The ideal candidate
• Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in any major (undergraduate applicants only)
• Be a sophomore or junior in Fall 2015
• Be proficient in computer applications like Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Have effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and the general public
• Have strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task
• Have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Have the ability to abide by FERPA regulations in regards to student information
• MUST attend the fall training session from August 17-20 (9 a.m.—5 p.m.)
• Must be dependable and able to work shift indicated in this posting (Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m.)
• Must maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
This position is renewable each semester upon satisfactory review.
To apply, email the following materials to Dr. Lisa Jackson, Director of the Writing Lab (Ljackson@unt.edu).
• Resume, including your 8 digit student ID number
• Letter of interest
• 2 references
• Expected graduation date
We will only consider applications made by email. No phone calls. Incomplete applications will not be considered.