At the UNT Writing Lab, we offer free tutoring to all currently enrolled UNT students in all disciplines and at all stages of their academic careers–from English composition students to graduate students writing theses and dissertations. We do more than merely proofread; we teach you strategies and techniques to improve your writing for the long term. We offer the following:
- Undergraduate students receive 30 minutes of one-on-one tutoring at Sage Hall Room 152
- Undergraduate students receive 30 minutes of one-on-one tutoring at Willis Library Room 123 (walk-ins only)
- Graduate students receive 1 hour of one-on-one tutoring at Sage Hall Room 152
- Engineering graduate students receive 1 hour of one-on-one tutoring at Discovery Park B112
We also offer online tutoring through UNT’s GoToMeeting portal. From this website, you and a tutor can share and mark your paper while chatting live. Our online tutoring service allows you to discuss a paper or to ask questions from the comfort of your own home or office–anywhere you have an internet connection. Online tutoring is ideal for UNT students who live a long distance from our Denton campus or who cannot physically come to our Sage Hall location. Please follow the directions here to set up an online appointment.
For best results, bring your professor’s requirements for the assignment with you. Our sessions start on the hour and on the half hour. We accept both appointments and walk-ins at our Sage Hall, room 152 location. However, to ensure time with a tutor, we recommend setting an appointment. To make an appointment, you may
- Come see us at the Writing Lab in Sage Hall, room 152
- Call us at 940.565.2563
- Email us at WritingLab@unt.edu
For more information including our hours of operation, visit our website. We look forward to seeing you!